Fri, September 24, 2010 8:00 am at Paul Robeson Campus Center at Rutgers University, Newark Campus
Friday, Sept. 24 - Saturday, Sept. 25
At Robeson Campus Center, Rutgers University, Newark Campus
LEARN, ADAPT, SUCCEED
The National Network for Arab American Communities (NNAAC) is a network of local, independent Arab-American organizations, which Alwan for the Arts has recently joined. The Network's primary mission is the development of community-based Arab-American organizations that meet the needs of Arab-Americans locally, while collectively addressingn these concerns nationally. NNAAC is a program of ACCESS (Arab Community Center for Economic and Socila Services), a non-profit agency committed to advocating for and empowering individuals, families, and communities.
The conference is an opportunity for the leaders of Arab-American organizations and other non-profits to come together to learn new skills, share approaches, learn about resources, meet old and new colleagues, and renew energies.
- Workshops, panels, and discussions on topics of importance to non-profit leaders
- Keynote speakers bringing national perspectives
- A public policy forum on immigration and other priority issues for Arab-American communities
- Structured and casual networking opportunities
- Opportunties to learn "what works" for others
- A tour of local NNAAC member organizations
- A Celebration of Community Dinner
Who Should Participate?
- Staff of community-based and non-profit organizations
- Board members of these same organizations
- AmeriCorps members and other volunteers
- Leaders of Arab-American organizations, civil rights organizations, and immigrant rights organizations
- Leaders of organizatiosn that serve the Arab-American community
- Volunteers, activists, and other individuals associated with non-profit organizations.
Last updated: 2010-08-30 20:03:54
Join Our Mailing List:
Classes are currently being scheduled. Please check back soon for updates.
New York, NY 10004
(646) 732 3261
Alwan for the Arts is accessible to people with disabilities. Please call 646 732 3261 in advance, or, buzz at the door to arrange a ramp.
© 2017 Alwan for the Arts
Hosting donated by:Marefa.org, the Arabic Encyclopedia